What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type-2 AH Grenade

Pea Shooter

Hello All;
I am a new kid here. This is my first post. I have an Austro Hungarian Type-2 grenade. I really don't know that much about it. Can some one give me so information on this grenade? I heard it had a wooden safety cap over the fuse. Does any one have a picture of one with the cap on it? Thank you, VaughnIMG_0411.jpgIMG_0412.jpg

Hi Keith;
Thank you very much for the great pictures. From the size and weight of the grenade, I take it that it was a defensive weapon as apposed to an offensive weapon? Also do you know the time frame of when came out and used? Thank you, Vaughn

The book I have seems to say defensive and was used 1915 to 1918 (it's in Italian so I'm still trying to figure out what it all says)

Thx Francisco, I can read Spanish and can usually muddle my way through...along with Google Translate...Just takes a bit longer. Plus it's like I was in pre-school...I get to look at the pretty pictures