What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. Army Munitions by Supply Catalog Designations, AIC Codes, Color Codes, WW2

Brian,

Thanks for this link. I was aware that this source--wikipedia--had information on the AIC, but I was not aware that someone has greatly updated the specific examples of the AICs. OBTW, if this gets posted on the IAA site, one of the knowledgable posters there will point out that "Cal .30" has been incorrectly (for Govt use) labeled as ".30-'06" in several of the AICs. My only very slight comment is that while "T" does denote an experimental nomenclature, it is confusing to have added it to this article without explaining that "T" in the AIC language is entirely different.

". . . one of the knowledgable posters there will point out that "Cal .30" has been incorrectly (for Govt use) labeled as ".30-'06" in several of the AICs."

If this is another contest, my entry is MR. RM. Rhymes with May Reketa. Am I right or am I right?

And, what do I win?

Last edited:
Tabor10,

I should have included a disclaimer when I posted the Wikipedia link. Such as "Remember this a Wikipedia page, guaranteed to have MISTAKES". I posted it on the IAA forum also, no backlash yet. But there has been enough discussion there about Wikipedia information problems. Such as it is, it is the most complete and mostly accurate listing I've seen for the AIC codes.

A couple of bits from the page I noticed: "Weak Tracer" and "...thicker 7.62mmNATO service cartridge...". Until reading Wikipedia I did not know we had 'weak' tracers and 'thicker' service cartridges!

Brian