What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. Mech Time Fuze M2 Inert

Lou

Just to share,,, A little dusty but is all there as far as I can tell. Anyone know what shell it goes with???

,M2MECHTIME 008.jpgM2MECHTIME 001.jpgM2MECHTIME 003.jpgM2MECHTIME 002.jpgM2MECHTIME 007.jpg

Very nice cutaway fuze that you have there, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I cannot offer any info on what shell it was used on.

Darren

Nice,thanks John.

Yeah the fuze is pretty cool.Im impressed with the weight along with that it seems like this thing is mostly clock.There are gears and cams and levers and shafts and springs from just below the aluminum cap down to the thread area.Its nuts,,,

the clockwork is german Junghans design with centrifugal weight engine and was invented at the end of 1st WW

Wonder if I took it apart if there might be something that would atribute it to Junghans?? Would they have marked it??

I think it was produced in the US and Junghans earned some license fees (they own the patent). But everything is possible... On Junghans clockworks of german fuzes I have never seen any markings except the clockworks serial number on many parts. Nice to see one in a non-german fuze.

Hello Lou,

The 105mm AA M2 M/T fuze was manufactured & assembled at the Frankford Arsenal. I believe yours should be inscribed with the FA initials. You have a great cutaway example and I'm surprised it wasn't snapped up before now.

Randall

Sorry for the delay..... Yes sir,,,Id thought I included the stamped nomenclature but I didnt. So,it reads MECH TIME FUZE M-2 FA O.H.P LOT INERT. Yeah I got somewhat lucky. The listed price was way up there but the seller accepted my lower offer after it didnt sell for a few weeks. Awesome it still had the booster cup on it.