What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uk 20mm two sets of stampings ?

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Just been going through some stuff and found this poor condition 20mm cartridge by radway green 1950 dated.I was about to bin it when I noticed it was also stamped on the side WN/92P/52/SAP12 .
what do these extra stampings indicate as its something ive not seen,or just not noticed before..
thanks in advance allan

Attachments

• DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
20mm

Radway Green only produced the case. The stamps on the side are the loading data by whoever loaded it, and I am not sure who that was.

you see the same thing on Aden cases. The RG stamp as the case maker and the CY Chorley stamp for the load details.

Regards
TonyE

20mm. hispano markings

Sir, the marking SWN for Swynnerton, R.O.F. 92 for the batch number and P for flashless propellant. 52 for year of asssembly and SAPI2 for Semi Armour Piercing lncendiary Mk.2 regards, Ron Could it be SAPIZ?

Last edited:
SG500 its no use to me you can have it if you want,,just let me know...... but its not in best condition see first photo

Last edited:
20mm

Duh! Well done Ron. I was trying to think who WN could be and it did not even occur to me to think of putting the S in front!. I knew what the rest of the code was but could not connect on the filling station.

Must be getting old. Hell, I AM old!

Cheers
Tony

Hi Allan ,i have one the same RG 56 20mm and writern on the side is BMR 8/58 SAPPIR 2Z
Cheers
Andy