What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK no 72 time fuze HELP please

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
A friend has recently bought a No72 time fuze ,unfortunately i have no pictures of this fuze and we cannot find anything about it ,does anyone have any further info/drawings on this fuze
thanks you allan

Hi allan
John carlins just emailed me asking about the no72 fuze , there is no trace or details known.
regards
Steve

Thanks Steve looks like this is going to be a pain to find anything on,with a bit of luck ill get picture tonight some time

Hi allan
It appears that this series upto No78 were never allocated, and that nothing was known about it , but will keep looking .

ive gone through every fuze list i have and like you say nothing there,he got this as a cutaway from a charity shop,sounds like hes got a rare find if it definately is a no72,also goes to show stuff is still out there

Hi
If i can say, it's strange , i've immediatly see in my head a pistol 37 stamping 72 hours (of cause)
It's a time fuze don't it?

No longer required ive seen the picture and its NOT a 72 its either a No80 with couple o bits missing or a 80/44 ,the fuze adapter ring is still fitted and its this that has 72 stamped on it not the fuze,,,thanks everyone for taking the time to look anyway....
allan

Last edited: