What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unauthorized Dano Gallery

Befor he fell in with that ordnance crowd, we knew him as Dan.

Attachments

• sep maybe 93.jpg
    sep maybe 93.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 115
  • onq may 94.jpg
    onq may 94.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 110
  • nov 93 bfc.jpg
    nov 93 bfc.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 109
  • nov 93 agw flail.jpg
    nov 93 agw flail.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 93 cc ms ni.jpg
    93 cc ms ni.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 93 cc dk msni.jpg
    93 cc dk msni.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 93 5 gt.jpg
    93 5 gt.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 101
No nobody seems to understand ?? someone whos not posted in 4 years suddenly signs in posts this and then leaves almost straight away, ....welcome to confused.com

Humans are unpredictable, especially women. A slight chemical imbalance or brain tumor and they turn into mass murders. Add alcohol and they can turn into your best buddy or worst enemy. It's best not to try to analyze why someone does something, especially on such an unimportant subject.

One thing is so obvious, he now has a computer and does not need help from this illustrious member ship. As for me, my back is turned.
Best Regards,
John

John;

This was not posted by Dano --- who likely knows nothing about it ~

Where ever he is ?

I believe these to be quite old images of the dissapeared Dano put up by a member who has known the Dano for many many years and who also has no idea what is going on.

Dano has a history apparently of going off the radar for up to a year then re-appearing as if nothing happened - so do not be alarmed.

I'm not sure why these were posted, in memory of or a bit of a joke - but no reason for anything other than confusion - as befits the Dano.

Last edited:
Befor he fell in with that ordnance crowd, we knew him as Dan.

This post has baffled just about everyone I think, inlcuding myself, but maybe, just maybe the clue is in the above sentence............take the 'O' from Ordnance add it to Dan and hey presto DANO. On here we always refer to him as Dano, his username, never Dan, but before he came on site he was just Dan to his mates.

Wherever he is right now in his life I wish him well, I enjoyed reading his posts, but more than that I am touched by all the members on site who in a short space of time dipped into pockets to help out someone who, lets face it, few of us really know - sometimes its not all just about the end result.

regards Kev

Dano's a good man. I hear he's had a lot on his plate lately, so probably just getting a well earned rest. I wish him all the best as I'm sure many others do. He contributed more than a lifetimes worth on this site and others.

Hmm, what I don't get is that everybody is so baffled by the post; it was either Dan(o) himself, or someone that has known him for quite some time who posted this.
As for the 'Dan' vs. 'Dano'; check my normal sign off name; it's 'Olafo' whereas I'm really called 'Olaf'; in my case the former is what my friends called me in joke when living in Spain (it came from the Spanish version of "Hagar the Viking", which in Spanish is called "Olafo el Terrible"); it kinda stuck and I'm still using it in 'fun/hobby stuff context'; I'm guessing Dano did something similar (maybe he just thought Dano sounded cooler than Dan).
As for the pictures: yes, I too noticed they look very old. By the makes of the cars, picture quality, interior design and the TV set :) I guess it's from around the mid 1970s; maybe a bit sooner, but not (much) later if you ask me. :p
Anyway, it appears to have been a tongue-in-cheek kinda post; not something to get upset about. ;)
Possibly a way of Dano to let us know (through a friend?) that he's doing alright and has not fully forgotten about us?!?

Cheers,
Olafo

Last edited:
Hiya Gordon,

Interestingly enough both you and the one who posted it are from Ontario; if it wasn't you (acting in disguise) ;), chances are that you know the collector. His/her profile was apparently created in 2008; I don't think anyone back then would have preemptively created an account just for this occasion four years later. :p
But, as written before: no need for a fuzz, if Dano wants to return someday I'm sure he'll be greeted with a warm welcome, and if he doesn't return, I wish all the best to him just the same.

Cheers,
Olafo