What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uncommon UZRG

timmymac

Thought I'd post this WWII Soviet F1 fuse. This UZRG is unique in that the normal male threads usually seen at the base, is not there. When I first saw it, it looked as if the coupler was missing. The assembly is made up by the striker/spring housing itself. The photos show what i mean better than I can explain it. Has anyone else ran across this type?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
It was just simlified version of UZRG fuze,you can see my example.In ceramic F1's was used only koveshnikov fuze with delay but without detonator becouse body was filled with black powder.
005.jpg004.jpg

thanks for all replies. Grenades I noticed that you said ceramic F1 used only the Koveshnikov fuse. I have heard this said before, yet ive seen ceramic F1 dugup in Russia that had UZRG type fuse.

thanks for all replies. Grenades I noticed that you said ceramic F1 used only the Koveshnikov fuse. I have heard this said before, yet ive seen ceramic F1 dugup in Russia that had UZRG type fuse.

Almost every ceramic F1 i've ever seen had the UZRG fuze except for a couple with the koveshnikov on this page I linked. One has an unusual, fatter body. That one is in my collection, along with the normal looking one with the UZRG next to it at the top on the page. Both of them came with those fuzes.

http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/sovietbalkan/russia/ceramicgrenade.html

Last edited: