What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentfied Base Fuze dated 1940

Tranter

Base Fuze 1.JPGBase Fuse 2.JPGBase Fuze 3.jpgBase Fuze 4.JPGBase Fuze 5.JPG
I've just won this sectioned base fuze on eBay and bought it on a whim, even though I've no idea what nationality it is or what shell it was used with. I'm guessing it would have been a HEAT shell or similar. The case is steel, which may preclude It being British. Any info, no matter how slight would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks​

Last edited:
Thanks Burney! It' a very interesting item and I've been doing a bit of digging about this afternoon and reached a similar conclusion. As you have said, no idea of what shell it was used in, probably some sort of HEAT round I would imagine. I'm not at all well versed in Russian ordnance, so stumbling around in the dark a bit. APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT!

Good evening,

I have something like this : Base detonating fuze MR-Z (МР-З in russian)

RU_FUZ_MRZ.jpg

The drawing is not very accurate, but it looks close. Used on some 130mm shells
and this is the only piece of info I have !

Regards,

S.

Thank you for the diagram and the information. It does look very similar and the drawing is very useful!

Could be regular MR fuze?
That is what was writen on the base before they bored the hole to fix it to the stand.
Bob

Attachments

• MR.jpg
    MR.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: