What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified US Sub-munition

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Photo attached. I have no info and no nomenclature. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Unksub.jpg
    Unksub.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Unksub2.jpg
    Unksub2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
So do you have enough of these so that you could section one to determine the mechanics of the internals?

Unfortunately you see all that I have. I'll x-ray them next week and see what I can come up with.

Don't know, but not for lack of trying. If you find out let me know. Closest I've found so far is a piece similar in diameter, but otherwise completely different - an experimental Aerojet piece for practice use from the SUU-13. If this is related it's only part of the whole.

DSCN1900.jpg

Looks like a rotating band on it ... almost like an incomplete 40-MM round to me. Although I have to say I have seen something like it before. I will keep looking see what I can dig up.

Joe

You could almost fit this inside of a 40 - about 25mm.

The pic you show is the same as the ones I have Jeff. When it's armed the rod pops up.

As I recall there was another which had a horizontal coiled wire, which made about 1.5 loops around the top - purpose unknown.

I'm wondering if it's the internals of the XM1019 HEAB air burst grenade from the new XM25
Just a thought

Attachments

• xm25 airburst grenade.jpg
    xm25 airburst grenade.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 25
  • m1019.jpg
    m1019.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: