What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified

Investment

Hi,
This bomb has suspension lugs for both American (two) and British (one) use. The tail fin looks like it is British and the nose fuze looks like it is American, but might be British or is it the other way around. If possible, could someone in the know please identify it? It is located in the Grand Bunker at Ouistreham, France.
Many thanks,
Invest

http://atlantikwall.net/museums_fr_musee_mur_atlantique.htm

Attachments

• Unidentified 1.jpg
    Unidentified 1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 59
  • Unidentified 2.jpg
    Unidentified 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Bomb

The fuze is a American M112 A1 Series i think the bomb is a 250 Lb GP

Last edited by a moderator:
Actuly the fuze in the front is the arming vane of the M-110 series and M 110 series, since these are tail fuzes it is a bit strange to put it in the nose.

according to the American Bombs and Fuzes Manual from US Navy Bomb disposal school Washington The AN-M- 110 A1 is a nose fuze with an arming time of 340 vane revolutions overall length is 3-5/8 with booster and is a mechanical impact

Attachments

• M110 fuze  american bomb.jpg
    M110 fuze american bomb.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 25

Hello! I was 2002 with KMBD Stuttgart to guest, I could in the bunkers also bombs photograph under it was also one which resembles the shown. The ammunition technicians could not at that time say which for a type of bomb it concern! Also the fuzes were distant at the bomb. I cannot imagine it around a US bomb act. The suffering work with ring does not give it with the Amys! Also a 100er fuze is no nose fuze separates tail fuzes. Are times strained which with the thing comes out.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 32