What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknow 7,5

AZ23-28

7,5cm x 30,4cm

Attachments

• DSC08789.jpg
    DSC08789.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC08790.jpg
    DSC08790.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC08791.jpg
    DSC08791.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 48
The 3 arrow stamps near fuze should rather indicate it's for AA or Luftwaffe.

Yes, 3 arrows indicate practice shell ( b ) but I have seen the arrows only on Luftwaffe and AA-ammo. Army practice ammo has normally only stencilling Ueb, b or similar.

No i have several projectiles in my collection stamped with 3 arrows and stamped UB or BL, used for the KWK 40 and KWK 38, i agree you see them also on AA

Interesting Ben, I quickly had a look at my several WW2 German ammo manuals and in drawings there the 3 arrows more or less solely exist on AA- and Luftwaffe ammo only.

Thats the problem with most people, you can not only use the German books, you can find out more if you talk to EOD people, and have a look at the material when you get them, like i told you before i have and also AZ 23/28 several projectiles in the collection with Arrows and used for Tank and infantery, just have a look at the picture of AZ23/28, do you think that round is used for AA? perhaps a special AA canon? BJ

There also were several different 7,5 cm AA-guns in German use. And what about the 7,5cm airplane guns they had? Those were rather used for testing and therefore dummy rounds should not be that rare?

I don't think that you have ever seen a 7,5 cm Airplane round, but thats not the thing here, this 7,5 cm round from Az 23-28 is with 3 Arrows and is used for the KWK 40, not AA. and we both have (AZ 23-28) several round with 3 arrows and used for infantery and Tank. for me end of discussion.

I don't think that you have ever seen a 7,5 cm Airplane round, but thats not the thing here, this 7,5 cm round from Az 23-28 is with 3 Arrows and is used for the KWK 40, not AA. and we both have (AZ 23-28) several round with 3 arrows and used for infantery and Tank. for me end of discussion.

Yes it is so !