What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown 3,7cm AP-Shell

munfrosch

Premium Member
Ive got this AP-shell yesterday. It looks like a Pzgr 18 but the body is silver painted with black tip. 6 or 7 years ago i got my first of this version and i asked some peoples in forums but nobodys has an answer. only one has written it could be an API but it goes never in service and he have no datasheets/manuals. any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 50
Are you sure the paint is original? The silver paint looks so good that there should be at least traces of stencilled markings on it if original?

yes im sure. it was a little bit rusty under and on the drivingbelt. the finder has cleaned it by using a drilling machine with a wire brush :tinysmile_cry_t4: ive only put a little bit oil on it. the older one wich is in my collection you see below. both are water/mire finds finds

4th from top/4th from right

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
3,7cm Pzgr 18 v.

Hello Munfrosch,
I don't known if this can help you, but I've found in my Doc a drawing, without comments, of the 3,7cm Pzgr 18 v.
The interresting thing is that they say it is made in an alloy of steel and chrome without nickel. It's probably therefor that your projo is so "beautiful" in silver colour.
The rust on the driving band is normal. The band is made of FES (soft steel).

Thanks to Mr Belot Henry for his documentation.

Yoda

Attachments

• GER 3,7cm Pzgr 18 v.JPG
    GER 3,7cm Pzgr 18 v.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks but this is a real silver colour like on the HE-Shells for 3,7cm Pak and Kwk. Ive your doc to in german

Hey,

That would be the 3,7 cm Minen-Panzergranate (Semi AP shell with hightened explosive capacity) as used in the 3,7 cm BK.

greetz,

Menno.

Hey,

I don't know wether or not this ammo is in the pawlas publication (as I don't have these books, shame on me). It can however be found in the published Luftwaffe manuals.

As I owe two different 3,7 M-Pz granaten, I believe there to be different versions of this ammo, as both have different drivingbelts, are of different weight and one has a thicker wall than the other (also there seems to be a difference in piercing capacity as on one of the pieces the nose is noticably heavier, indicating more steel at that end).

regards,

Menno.

if you have some probs so leave it out an pm ne...these 2 shells are both originials if you like it or not...dived out some years ago..i know the source...one has hardly cleaned with wire brush...you could see it :tinysmile_angry_t:

and remember:if you dont know something you mustnt cry fake or repainted to it!

they come up all with 1940 brass coated cases (charge 224, 225, 226)...maybe some for export but never delivered and used up or some experiemtal? this is the question for me...the first i get 7 or 8 years ago, the 2nd this year when he give up the collection...some more pics only for you...

Attachments

• IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 18
I am saying this is a repaint, that is all. You got caught more than ones with fake and questionable items you been swearing solemnly as for their genuity. Not to say statements on standard issue items you declared experimental or what so ever great story you made up for.

Last edited:
Ah I forgot your new images. Where is the relation between the "Panzergranate 18 V" (left) which is made of 2 steel parts, the upper one of high carbone steel and being dark for this reason and the body part made of regular steel which is lighter in color and your repaint?

I am saying this is a repaint, that is all. You got caught more than ones with fake and questionable items you been swearing solemnly as for their genuity. Not to say statements on standard issue items you declared experimental or what so ever great story you made up for.

Only this. you must know it...poor people :tinysmile_angry_t: