What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 75x117R88

Hoeksel

I have seen a few examples of a straight shell case with dimensions 75x117R88 (not the necked shell case with Krupp number 835). The four cases are dated 1901 (Berndorf made, no clear indication of which country), 1906 (Karlsruhe made for Ottoman army) and 2 cases dated 1914 (Rheinmetall made for Bulgaria). Due to the length of the case, the manufacturers, and the dates, it is probably an old Krupp mountain gun dating 1901 or before.

I do know another straight 75x117R88 case with Krupp number 40 (used by Turkey and China) for the 7,5 cm Krupp L/14 M1904 mountain gun. These cases could be for that gun, but it does not explain the 1901 dated case. In addition, I know this Bulgarian case with number 73. Probably they are all the same.

Does anybody know which gun this 1901 dated case could be used for?
Does anybody know the meaning of the Cyrillic "V" on shown Bulgarian case (in Cyrillic Bulgarian is says "ДЮСЕЛОРФЪ (Düsseldorf) РЕЙНСКА ФАБРИКА (Rheinische Fabriken))?

Attachments

• Bulgarian 1914 huls.jpg
    Bulgarian 1914 huls.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Bulgarian 1914.jpg
    Bulgarian 1914.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited: