What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Bomb.

paul the grenade

Picked up this bomb the other week. Dont know much about it except it is faintly marked on the body "NATIONAL H BOMB":tinysmile_shy_t:
The yellow fuze has 6 settings and is a very simple direct action with no safety features whatsoever. I think it dates from the 50's or 60's.
Any help with the ID would be apreciated.:tinysmile_hmm_t:
Cheers, Paul.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Attachments

• h bomb.jpg
    h bomb.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 63
  • h bomb 2.jpg
    h bomb 2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 54
Nice

Another to add to the kids section! Can you still buy caps? And if so Pual do you use your Toys! I Would. Ps. Nice website youve got there.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Surprisingly in this ultra PC world of today you can still get caps. I had a two inch long die cast metal "bomb" when I was about 9 which went off when you threw it at the ground. It could take either paper or plastic caps.

I also used to get the small paper wraps with some small stones and a tiny amont of black powder in them which made a bang when dropped on the ground. They were called "Fun Snaps".

Picked up this bomb the other week. Dont know much about it except it is faintly marked on the body "NATIONAL H BOMB":tinysmile_shy_t:
The yellow fuze has 6 settings and is a very simple direct action with no safety features whatsoever. I think it dates from the 50's or 60's.
Any help with the ID would be apreciated.:tinysmile_hmm_t:
Cheers, Paul.:tinysmile_tongue_t:
ha ha i like
i had one that was make of heavy metal or lead.

i used to frighten my granny with it!
I used to lob it near to where she was walking and then she would (try) and chase me..ha ha brought back many a memory.

can you still get fun snaps ? as they were wicked used to take them apart and make one big one might have to have a trip to the joke shop at the weekend and have a look

from bazooka chris

Falcan,
My friend you are on a role. I still have one of those in my box for demostrating Booby-Traps and Trip Wires for LEOS. Really neat litle device I just would of thought that it would of been built little better.

Chris as far as Fun snaps are concerned are yours made to explode harmlessely when thrown. I know here in the states that the ones we use where a harmless derivative of the gravel mine. For us kids to have something as safe have alot of fun. In othere words the idea came from from Gravel Mines but only much safer.

Last edited:
can you still get fun snaps ? as they were wicked used to take them apart and make one big one might have to have a trip to the joke shop at the weekend and have a look

from bazooka chris
yeah carefull chris,you dont wanna get loads of boxes of this stuff together and you definitely dont want to fill a tennis ball with them!
No i mean it....dont:tinysmile_twink_t::crossedlips: