What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Brass Pull Booby Trap / Mine Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Not sure what country this is from (I suspect Yugo) or what the nomenclature is but here are some images and X-rays

If anyone knows anything about this item, please let me know. I would like to put more out on this than what I have now, which isn't much.

Dia: 13MM
Length: 39MM

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_9060.jpg
    DSC_9060.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 104
  • SubjID 71098 0D.jpg
    SubjID 71098 0D.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 68
  • SubjID 71098 90D.jpg
    SubjID 71098 90D.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 54
The UPM-2 I have are made of plastic with a brass coupler attached; they came in a round cardboard box, labeled, 20 pieces packed. I don,t know the brass bodied version, would be interesting if there is a proof somewhere out there that these are vintage Yugoslavian produced onces.
Mrfuze, USA

I believe you will want to agree with me that the device in question in shape, function and size perfectly copies the bakelite version of UPM-2.

And given that the fuze UPM-2, as far as I know, does not appear in any official Yugoslavian manual between 1968 and 1988, we may also suppose that the UPM-2 is a device not officially issued and therefore not subject to stringent specifications that constrain size, weight and materials.

So we could also argue that the device of jvollenberg can be simply a brass version of the UPM-2.

Of course if you have documentation to refute what I say, please let us know.

Regards
stecol

Last edited:
This is the second time I have seen, what I would call "homemade" or "improvised" fuzes in the shape of the UPM-2. I would also guess you are right in that this is a brass version of that fuze. I have no documentation on it, I can't find any documentation on it, so I going to go with my gut feelings that it is a copy of the UPM-2.

Joe