What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown bullet of unknown calibre

al'saad

Ordnance approved
on first pic is unknown bullet compared to 5.56x45 and 7.62x39...any info, data or anything?

Attachments

• metak1.jpg
    metak1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 59
  • metak2.jpg
    metak2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 50
  • metak3.jpg
    metak3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 46
not a positive id alsaad but looks like a .577 snider round,im sure one of the small arms collectors will know

Looks a bit short for a Snider, Snider is approx 65mm in total length, are there any headstamps?
Tony

case length of this round is 40mm and round dia is some 13-14mm (i initially assumed this is some .45cal, but round is bigger)

Hmm..was going to stick my neck out with .450 No 1 carbine,but as you say too big! think this is one for TonyE
Cheers Tony

it can be turkish snider as bosnia and herzegovina where bullet is found was part of the turkish impery until 1878. as this part of impery was the border towards west and also politicaly unstable some of the elite turkish units were posted here, and i suppose that turkish snider came rather early to this part of the world.