What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown ex-yugoslavian hand grenade-please help??

goran_croatia

This inert hand grenade was probably made in Croatia in 1991 during the war.It was made inert few years ago by croatian EOD expert,During that procedure,almost all colour on the grenade body was destroyed,so just remains of the unidentifyied colour stayed on it's body today.

I was told that it's yugoslavian made,pre-war,but I am 100% sure that is not true.It's very strange that the fuze is in olive-drab colour,the same shade of olive-drab which was official Yugoslavian people's army colour.But the fuze has delay made of small part of pyrotechnical slow-burning fuze,and it's obvious that it's improvisation.
Does any of you have any info about this croatian hand grenade?Where it was produced?Has any of you EOD experts who were in Croatia or Bosnia ever seen this type of the grenade?

Also please help identify which colour was originally painted,because the original colour on the body melt during the process of removing TNT from it's body.But on pics can be seen that there are remains of brown and olive-drab colours on it's body.Does that mean that the body was painted in some kind of camouflage with brown and olive-drab colour???
Please help with identifying original colours of it's body because I am planning to restorate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody knows anything about this grenade????
Can you at least give me your opinion based on pics,in which colours was grenade originally painted??
It has traces of brown and light olive-drab colours on it's body...

this is one of those grenades made in some workshops or manufactures in small series for croatian and bosnian army. one of those cut of hand to very experienced bomb technician in bosnian police. i do not think that this type is categorized within official type codes of weapon.

grenade is definitely not yugoslav made as it's fuse is not even similar to percussion fuse used on m52 grenades.