What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown "Field Mod" from Korean War Hand Grenade?

merkworks

Aquired the spoon & pin set-up from family of US Marine that brought it back from his service in Korea.... I added the correct type bouchon to complete the display when I realized the "main" pull-pin cannot be bent over by hand, as many soldiers would do to prevent accidental withdrawal. I then deduced that the second pin fit the "safety" hole in the bouchon and IS malleable enough to bend by hand, and along with being anodized the same color as main pin as well as being connected with very strong OD colored cord, it would act as a "Safety" until the main pin was pulled, withdrawing BOTH pins together!
My question to any & all collectors out there, as well as any Marines that may have used this arrangement, "Am I correct?" Or any other information would be appreciated!IMG_3467.jpgIMG_3466.jpgIMG_3468.jpg

I do believe "Eodtek" has answered my question!!! I picked up a 1965 dated M60 and compared it.... RIGHT ON Sir!! Thank you!!