What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German bomb and ?

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I've got two WWII German items that I am trying to identify. Both were found in Germany, near locations where CW was previously recovered. The 50kg bomb has similarities to variations of KC 50 II Bu (Blauring II) bombs that I have photographed, but matches none of them. The KC 50s were basically modifications of the different NC 50 Nebel bombs, but normally with numerous vent holes more apparent than on most of the NCs I've seen.

The smaller piece has me puzzled. No obvious means of delivery, but not right for a submunition. Not found near a port area or I'd think naval signal or marker. Does anyone have any references for either one?

Attachments

• 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 18a.jpg
    18a.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 18b.jpg
    18b.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 59
That KC is a lovely item mate,nice one!

Are you sure the smaller one is German? There is something not quite right as to me,it doesnt have that typical German weapons look about it?
Are there any waff stamps or lot number markings?

best

waff

No, I'm not sure. But found by a German recovery crew on German soil. I'm sure that there are plenty of other possibilities, but I don't recognise it as anyone elses and its the only lead I've got.

Hi Jeff,

Did the 50 kg have a fuze pocket???
Have seen something like this befor but can think of it where it whas.
Can you PM me on the Location where it whas found???

Last edited: