What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German Time Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Listed as German Time Fuze:

Dia of Fuze: 60MM
Dia of Fuze Adapter: 73MM
Length: of adapter and fuze: 105MM
Exposed length of fuze: 51MM

Fuze would not come out of adapter so the pictures are all I have ...

Any ideas as to what the fuze is?

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-SM-181-2.jpg
    ICE-SM-181-2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 112
  • ICE-SM-181-14.jpg
    ICE-SM-181-14.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 101
  • ICE-SM-181-6.jpg
    ICE-SM-181-6.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 103
it's not a KZ11Gr, it's a Krupp fuze. The letters "58 sec." which are stamped on the fuze body are wrong. The numbers on the time ring are hectometers (It is not possible to achieve 58 sec. burning time with two time rings). The adapter is for 75 mm shells. It may be an adapter for italian anti aircraft shells of 1st WW. It's possible that the fuze is of italian production too (with a photo of the fuzes base I can say more)

@Hootch: also the small looking ring, the fuze cap and the shape of the fuze body (the "|" mark) is different. But you are right if you mean the general shape of the fuze body which is mostly the same on all of the hundred different Krupp T&P fuzes ;-) The S/43 (in this case 43 seconds) is 100% Krupp made ;-)

Here is the best picture I have of the base ... the adapter would not come off so you looking up the adapter onto the base of the fuze. .... JoeICE-SM-181-19.jpg

Something else to note that might help ...

Head of fuze is Iron with aluminum time rings. The other note I have on this fuze ... it has a PG 846A stanped on the fuze somewhere. I haven't seen that mark on any of the pictures I have but the only document I have on the item states its on there. So that might help someone.

Also ... the adapter has SA stamped on it ... see the pic provided. I think the 9665 are from the museum, but the SA looks like it was factory stamped to me.

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-SM-181-15.jpg
    ICE-SM-181-15.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 48
SA = Suomen Armeija

SA was also used by the Danish navy but then it had a crown above.

So SA = Suomen Armeija does that help at all? or at least point us in the direction of the projectile?

Joe

Hi
I've the same fuze gratduated to 54 and an other to 58 on Belgium shapnel shell
9665 is the n lot stamped on reduced eye and on shell body under the reduced
i search to see if the fuze can be used on HE 75 mm belgium shell

that's a picture of the italian shell which I was talking about. Maybe user Fert can say more about it:

75CA.png

C.A. = Contre Aeronefs ~ Anti Aircraft

But as the fuze and also projectile is 100% Krupp design Italy is not the only candidate.

Last edited:
Thought I would resurrect this thread ... see if anyone had anymore ideas on this fuze? At last guess we had Italian. So any ideas what the nomenclature might be?

Joe

Hello,

I stay on the same idea of Italian Time fuze for AA frag. shell.
Designation : Mod 906/907

Regards

75 Frag Italian.jpgItalian 75 27.jpgItalian fuze 906 907.jpg06 07.jpg

Hello,
Alpini and Minenaz16, give the right answer, material and construction looks italian. I don't know if 75/27 gun and ammunition was send to Finland.
Anyone has alrady seen the SA marking on ammunition?
regards

Pictures do not open to me and I'm not sure what the question is about, but Finland did not stamp ammunition with SA-stamp.

We has some 76mm Breda model 16/35 AA-guns. We also had for testing one French/Italien 75mm model 27 field gun in 1930's. However at that time A-marking was not even adopted.

I just wonder because in post #6 it looks like the fuze adapter has a separate base screwed in which I think is unusual?

Last edited:
The pictures onpen again to me. The SA-stamp on adapter is not Finnish. Finnish SA-stamp is always in a square - not just the letters.