What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Hispano Suiza Cartridges

EODGUY

I got lucky at a local antique show a year or so ago and picked up these two rounds along with a similar typical 20x139mm white practice projectile loading. The small one appears to be a 20x139mm case resized and the projectile is 23mm in diameter. There is no headstamp on this case. The larger 40mm cartridge has a belted case. I have only been able to find very sketchy information on these loadings. Anyone have some good data on the rounds and gun system? All three rounds only set me back $20. One of the few times anymore that I have found a good deal at an antique show. Usually anything over 10 years old is "rare and very valuable, one of a kind". Amazing how many of those rare 30-06 WWI era ball loadings show up!

Attachments

• HS Exper.jpg
    HS Exper.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 51
  • HS Exper 1.jpg
    HS Exper 1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 56
Nice rounds and well found.

There's information about the 40mm in the ECRA journal number 401 from October 1998 on pages 12, 13 and 14.

Dave.