What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Item. Maybe remote mine sensor.

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Hello,

Who knows this item.

Maybe I am completely wrong, but It looks like a sensor for remote detonating of a mine. The color looks Yugoslavian. Size 23 x 7 x 9 cm.

Greetings - Antoon

Attachments

• IMG_9444.jpg
    IMG_9444.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9445.jpg
    IMG_9445.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9443.jpg
    IMG_9443.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 44
Found the answer on internet at CATUXO.

This is the Yugoslavian LAM-1, a laser landmine activator. The LAM-1 is a laser-activated firing device that has a range of 1500 meters and is fired by a coded laser beam that is not visible to the human eye. It can be found with an internal or external battery. The LAM-1 remote laser landmine activator kit comprises of the laser transmitter and four laser receivers. The laser transmitter is able to trigger any of the four receivers at a distance of 1.5km. This is achieved by producing a 9v charge at the output terminals of the receivers which then initiates any attached landmine or explosive charge. Assuming a full battery is inserted the receiver can wait for activation for around 20 hours. For extended periods past 20hrs an external power supply is required.