What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown mortar fuze , projectile , missile head need help identifying

Nikki DePue

I recently purchased this from an estate sale. I would love to know more about it. Although I have tried searching online to find this piece I have been unsuccessful. Any help would be great. thanks
DSCF2832.jpgDSCF2833.jpgDSCF2834.jpgDSCF2835.jpgDSCF2836.jpgDSCF2837.jpgDSCF2838.jpgDSCF2839.jpgDSCF2840.jpgDSCF2841.jpgDSCF2842.jpgDSCF2843.jpg

It looks like a U.S. Navy dummy nose plug to fit the WWII era HE projectiles 5 inch 25, 5 inch 38, 6 inch 47, and 8 inch 55, and 16 inch. It isn't a fuze. It doesn't have a hole through it or any internals.

It would also help if you post the markings on the items.
There is an S { which is sideways with point facing up. Numbers start at 01, 3,5,7,9,11 up to 45 That is all the markings I found on it. It is cross threaded so I can not unscrew it. No say it can't be done I just can't . Tip looks to be lead, base and middle are solid brass.