What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Non-british 2 Pounder headstamp

Falcon

I recently acquired these two 2 Pounder (40x158R) cases. The one on the left was made in Italy in 1918, I don't know who made the one on the right.

The headstamp is "KS25" with a crown after it. There is also a triangle, which is divided into 4 small triangles. There is a crown in the centre with the letters "A D K" around the three points. Does anyone know who made it?

Thanks for any info.

ital_2pr.jpg

ADK in triangle stands for Arm Depot Karlsborg. I think here was just recently another thread about the same marking?
KS25 I don't know but the mark after this is a crowned ship - Swedish Navy marking.

The other is Italian. Nice finds!

Oeps: you already knew that ;-)

Wondering what the Swedes were doing with the 2pr pom pom and found this on wikipedia, they bought some guns from vickers in 1922 for trials and went on to develop their owwn version. So maybe the case is one made under licence for trials.

Right SMI I have two answers for Italy :

1. Societa metallurgica Italiana, Campo Tizzoro, Italy
2. Europa metalli, LMI, Firenze

I think the first one shall be the good one !
For ADK, I have no answer, sorry

Yoda