What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown stick grenade (WWI?)

xPANZERx

Hi every one, i'm hoping that some one can tell me what this is. I just recently brought this from a man in the US, he said he brought it as part of a collection 15 years ago and was unable to identify it. The fuse and streamers look like those of a no19 but the body is quite different, the body is marked VC. The handle is 5 inches long and the streamers are 14 inches long. Maybe some kind of experimental version of the no19? I look forward to seeing what other people can make of this one.

pix103396556.jpgpix668628502.jpgpix799292156.jpg

having taken a closer look I believe the body of the grenade is a modified french F1, so it is probably french or at least made in France. maybe an improvised grenade? And does any one know of a French manufacturer who used the mark VC?

Last edited:
It looks like a French mark but there were a myriad of French factories making grenade bodies in WW1 . The only VC ordnance stamp I know of is a WW2 Canadian manufacturer . I've got to say , I think that may be a made up item as I'm sure of all the WW1 grenades , nobody would have been likely to copy the British No19 .