What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown tip ?

Hi, can anyone please identify what this plastic tip is from ? it is hollow with a screw thread . I am told its from a tank range ? so maybe a prac tip APFSDS ? the teaspoon is for scale , thanks

Attachments

• tip.jpg
    tip.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 57
Yup as Dave said a 30mm Rarden DSRR (discarding Sabot Reduced Range) It has not been fired as it would be in 4 pieces so i doubt from a tank range. If you ever get fed up of looking at it, let me know... :)

C.

since there is no dia listed, could be a sabot for a older 20mmTPT,P0001122.jpg. The photo is of a AP (DU) 20mm that was loaded around the 1992 time frame. I know Olin defense loaded them, but Olin was sold out to GD-OTS and when I worked fort hem the only 20mm DU rounds we loaded were the M 919. But this round was on display and when I was collecting I sectioned the round shown.

Last edited: