What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown

phil12

A fuze which puzzle me.
Discovered as it is on an old French artillery experimental shooting range, I mean complete with its back cap and ignition tube crimped inside it ;. the top part looks to be a kind of # 80 fuze without any mark stamped on it. After removing the outer back cap , which was initially soldered on 3 points to the top, you notice that the inside is empty. No marking at all except a faint E 95 stamped on the flat lip of the screw (fuze side).
On the back cap:
on the side: H, Broad arrow, W.
inside on the flat side :R in a circle, H, 61 D ( or inverted !)
The ignition tube is bearing 4 lines of 5 holes. The total lengh is approximately 315 mm
Was this type of fuze usual in British artillery?
01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG04.JPG05.JPG

thank you for your identification
H.A.N.D
phil

Well! you have a funny way to make your C , it looks more like a broad arrow in a circle with a quarter of the line missing ; there is a dot on the virtual line which made me think the rest of the line missing was due to a broken bunter
My initial identification of the fuze was right , # 80 but was the type of adaptor with a long flash tube commonly in use in Commonwealth artillery?