What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unkown case

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi I picked this one up with a load of others and can't make out what it is, its a rimmed case head stamp is DAG TROISDORF and length is 18mm and inside the neck is about 9.40mm has anybody got any idea what it is?
Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• P1040621.JPG
    P1040621.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 64
  • P1040620.JPG
    P1040620.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi Andy,
no help to you for the id of the case,but DAG as you know is a well known German Ammo manufacturer and Troisdorf is a town in the Rhein-Sieg-Kries district on the North Rhein-Westaphalia,so maybe some connected event brought about a commemorative headstamp?

Cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony i had thought it could be from that part of the world, its a strange one that, someone will know i expect.
Cheers
Andy

Troisdorf was also the name given to a type of smokeless powder, so it could be an indication of what the case was loaded with.

I don't think its a .380 as i have just tried to see if a bullet fits and its way to small.
Andy

I have had one of these cartridges before as well. I was told by a reliable source that it is a cartridge for a humane cattle killer.

Its a 10 MM Nail gun blank and would have had a cardboard wad in the end which was coloured either Red/Black?green or Blue according to its power rating.

I always thought nail gun cartridges were Rim Fire
Andy

The really big boys toys for joining RSJ's and the like are centre fire such as yours and the smaller "Hilti" type for fixing wood to brick and the like are indeed "Rimfire" cartridges.
I will try to put a picture on some time over this weekend as I have just found a pile of these cartridges !

Bet you will get a funny look if you ask the council if it can go in the recycling bin:xd:

Tony

Ok I have retrieved it out of the bin and put it in the swaps box.
Andy
Bravo Andy, with all this kit getting rarer by the day we need to keep it ALL in circulation for a long as possible.
A lot of my collection was "throwaways" and some of it was nice stuff.