What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlocking tools

Millsman

Premium Member
In the summer I handled some more Somme relics and in the box was a small unlocking tool three inches long compared to the normal three and three quarter inches long for the standard Mills tool.

I've not seen one of these smaller ones before and was unsure if it was for the No.15?

Any views?

Attachments

• DSCN3573.JPG
    DSCN3573.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
These wire tools are to remove or tighten the base plugs on No 36 British Commonwealth grenades.

Sorry I missed the length . Yes it is shorter and I assumed it was possibly re-bent so it still worked??

This isn't going to answer your question, but here it is anyway.
From the left, two 4 inch tools, one 3 and 3 quarter inch tool, one 4.5 inch tool (single arm only), one 3.5 inch tool and three 3 inch tools. These different varieties were all found associated with Mills items. That doesn't mean the smaller ones weren't originally created for the number 15, of course.

Attachments

• IMG_9019.jpg
    IMG_9019.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 8