What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual M1907

bacarnal

Ordnance Approved/Premium
Ordnance approved
This is a M1907 PTTF fuze that is in my collection.....I think. It has all of the characteristics of one but it is missing something. Hmmm. Thoughts? Cheers, Bruce.

PA210719.jpg

PA210720.jpg

PA210721.jpg

PA210722.jpg

Bruce

It looks to me like it's missing the little screw on the top ring that holds everything together, the upper setting lug, and most important, the markings, lot #, etc on the base. Great condition otherwise as most have been fired.

Ray

US-Subs, Don't know if it came unfinished or not. Ray, I missed the upper lug, thanks. From what I can tell from the guts, it looks to be pretty much complete other than what is mentioned. I thought the lack of nomen and lot was neat, though. I have a friend who had a M1907 marked M1908 that I'm gonna try to track down. Thanks, Guys, Bruce.

Last edited:
scovill drill

Here is my M1907 Scovill "DRILL" fuze. Found this one on GB a few months back and is first i've seen marked as such....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
bruce

After thinking about it a little, I'm also of the opinion that it's an unfinished fuze. The little screw is usually staked in after the fuze is completed and it doesn't show evidence of that. Also, since you've had it apart, are there signs that it has ever been loaded with black powder? Also, the upper lug may not be missing after all. I was reading about the FA fuze and it said that ". . . a radial hole is provided in the lower ring for a pin to be used in setting the fuze . . ." So, maybe yours was that type? Or maybe the "pin" is installed permanently?

Ray

Last edited:
Ray, Don't remember if the timing ring had evidence of powder or not. I'm away from home again but when I get back, I'll look. Thanks, Bruce.