What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual Mills No.36 Markings

dodgydave

Picked this WW2 Kendrick Mills No.36M up today at Chatham Militaria Fair. It has some unusual matching stampings on the body; in the lever recess and on the centerpiece. Has anyone any ideas??DSCF6804.jpgDSCF6801.jpgDSCF6799.jpg Please excuse the dodgy photo quality!

I've never seen this before, especially a matching numbers on both parts. The stamps are different sizes as well. A while ago I saw a Kenrick No 36 that was maker marked on the body, lever, base plug, filler screw and centre-piece. That was amazing but that grenade didn't have these number on it just the K markings.

With this one I wondered if it was a museum stamp at first but I'm open to suggestions!

John

Last edited:
Looking again, I've noticed the inner is machined and appears to be aluminium, not unlike WW1 examples (although better finished!)