What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unusuall stick grenade hanlde.

jeeeensy

Hi,,

I just picked up a stick gren handle but not sure what the blue means.
any ideas please??

Thanks in advance. Nick,

Attachments

• P4110004.JPG
    P4110004.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 51
  • P4110005.JPG
    P4110005.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • P4110006.JPG
    P4110006.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 29
  • P4110007.JPG
    P4110007.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 30
Nice Ub handle Nick! It will be very interesting to see what people can come up with on the blue ring. Post war use maybe??

Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew thanks.. i think maybe a leftover and used for trainig purposes in eod ,, maybe,,

cheers nick,,

I have the same one, but in German red. These after 1940 dated Ubungs handles are very rare. About blue ring.... it could be any thing.

heres one dated a bit later,its brb44 marked.
Im guessing its never been used,still has the pull cord retained by cardboard in the stick.
Picked it up as part of deal a year or so back.

Enjoy
MG34NZ

Attachments

• Trade.Me 097.jpg
    Trade.Me 097.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Trade.Me 098.jpg
    Trade.Me 098.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Trade.Me 099.jpg
    Trade.Me 099.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Trade.Me 102.jpg
    Trade.Me 102.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
heres one dated a bit later,its brb44 marked.
Im guessing its never been used,still has the pull cord retained by cardboard in the stick.
Picked it up as part of deal a year or so back.

Enjoy
MG34NZ
Andrew, I think your red band would be from the red paint used on the grenade head to denote that it was practice, like the paint was painted on the same time as the grenade head. That would be my guess on this one. As for the blue I think the EOD training theory holds the most water. If these pieces could only talk. It is through research and brainwork that we can sometimes make them talk...Dano