What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent: Valuations help needed asap!

Hawkinssimeon

To whoever can help me:

I have emailed online valuations stores & got no replies & rung a local Battle of Britain museum, but it seems no-one there can help me. My time has now run out.
This weekend (18-19 Sep) I am selling my childhood collection at Euro Militaria, but i'm afraid i have only a vague indication on most of it's value.

Any feedback on the following would be very warmly received:

WW2:
US military rucksack with metal frame & lots of straps, stamped 1943 on 'lid', complete but with some damage (lots of small holes concentrated- looks like blast damage but i'd have no way of knowing)
Plane spotting paperback guides (1 british aircraft, 1 german & italian aircraft) aprox 95 pages each with photographs, small descriptions, silhouettes & drawings
German M35 helmet (i think- cant find date but matches descriptions)
British tommy helmet with yellow, black & white stripes on side (small square- ARP?)
British MK3 (turtle) helmet 1953, lining 1977.
magazine of WW2 L2A2 66 bullets
Russian officers hat (unknown date as label faded & in Russian- how can i tell if genuine or replica?)
A blank Australian Christmas card with 5 photos on consatina inside (unknown date)
A Polish resistance pamphlet, aprox 25 pages, exposing the horrors of Nazi occupation appealing to the rest of the world for support (English, August 1941, very good condition)

INTER WAR:
'Covenants with Death' photograph book, printed 1934- fantastic example of anti-war sentiment at the time

WW1:
British Army strop (for sharpening knifes) WW1- unfortunately the strop is stuck in its cardboard case. Moderate / good condition
British Army map of trenches, France, dated 1918. Very large & good condition with some wear on fold creases. Clearly shows British trenches in red (now faded brown) & German trenches in blue. Ordinance Survey. Some pencil military markings added at the time.
An unnamed 1914-1915 star medal- no ribbon but very good condition (1918).

OTHER:
complete series of 69 newspaper replicas- reprints of exact WW2 newspapers describing main events (aprox 8 pages each with a large A3 or A2 WW2 poster). Each replica paper accompanied by large spread sheet giving context of paper. Unknown printing date but certainly old- i would guess early 60s based on paper & print quality.
Complete series of 128 'Purnell's History of the Secod World War' magazines, printed weekly from 1974, fantastic condition.
'World War: 1914-1918, a pictured history' magazines: nos 1-9 (no 6 has no cover) & nos 19-35 (no 35 has torn back cover). Originally 56 in the complete set. Printed from November 1934. First 2 issues have rare articles by H.G. Wells 'looking back'. All edited by Sir John Hammerton. Besides some damage to spines & notes above, very good condition.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to anyone who can help!