What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 105mm Illumination Round

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi all,

I have just jumped all of the hurdles (a story for another day) and imported a beautifully sectioned US 105mm Illumination Round that I obtained from a fellow BOCN member. In order to minimise any potential problems all of the projectiles internals were withdrawn from the projectile. It was better this way than have some novice in Australian Customs poking around thinking that the flare canister might still be active. With it all out it was all open for them to see.

I now need a detailed diagram showing positioning of felt and steel spacers etc as the photos that I have don't give much clues.

Once reassembled I will post detailed photos for all to see disassembled and assembled.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Well here is the sectioned US Illumination Round. It is all reassembled, a marvellous piece of craftsmanship.

Many thanks to our fellow BOCN member "Slick" who was kind enough to part with this piece from his collection.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Attachments

• IMGP4302.jpg
    IMGP4302.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP4305.jpg
    IMGP4305.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGP4307.jpg
    IMGP4307.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 37