What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 37mm

k-9dogo

Hey guys
A bunch of stuff was dropped off at local range. Some inert 20mm , and 50 cal .but among the stuff was a loaded 37mm base says "American armament corp New York-USA S.A.gun, primer looks like a pressed in cartridge wcc 42. The projo is green looks to be 2 piece with wide copper driving band it doesn't appear to be fuzed.But looks like a small plunger at tip. What is it?
That and another fuzed 37mm projo only that appears unfired. A madsen 20mm round with small tip at end. and a 20 mm oerlikon with green projo.
I'd like to post pics but don't know how.
The obliviously safe stuff was kept for display. The items described above were already turned over to PD bomb squad.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry I no longer have access to that round. I have a few pics .Tell me how to post i will get them to you.

press "+ Reply to Thread" and then "Go Advanced" and you will see image upload options (Manage Attachments)

I think i got it right

Attachments

• 37 mm projo.jpg
    37 mm projo.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 37mm base.jpg
    37mm base.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 73
  • assorted.jpg
    assorted.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 105
Did the Fuze come out of the strangely painted(black and red) 2 pounder HV? Can't tell if its a fuze or plug. Not common in the US I imagine.

I didn't even try to unscrew it. From what I learned here if it looks dangerous ,don't mess with it. It looked like repaint .The green one was definitely loaded.

Green is not a re-paint; that was the factory color. There are tons of them out in the collector's market. Case appears to be the correct one.

I remember other old posts about 37mm AAC
Herewith family (thanks to an US BOCN's member)
The green one is known as practice inert - tracer.

Photos from BOCN
37MM AAC.jpg37MM AAC2.jpg37MM AAC3.jpg

37MM AAC 4.jpg

i hope that whoever these rounds are that they dont leave that blue tape on,over time it will become old and very sticky and hard to remove and will leave a brighter area even if you get it off