What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 75mm G Special

Lou

For your viewing pleasure. Found at a local G show,original owner of 30 years cleaning out the garage at his wifes nagging.......I mean request,due to it having become a lair for spiders...:bigsmile: Spiders have been evicted,,,,, Best $20.00 Ive ever spent.....

75G 040.jpg75G 041.jpg75G 045.jpg75G 047.jpg75G 048.jpg75G 046.jpg

Hi Lou,
What a fantastic find, any idea what the filling was ? or what it was designed for. I don't recal seeing one painted up quite like that before, your 20 dollars went a long way.
Best regards Weasel.

Last edited:
I dont know man,ordnance gods smiling down on me? Double luck too,it was the second day of that particular show. And I didnt show up to the show till well into the afternoon. On top of that,this wasnt hiding,it was right there up front on the guys table. I couldnt believe it....
Andy,thanks..?My info is locked up in a broken computer right now so Im not sure what the load was. It may be in another post too.
Rick,Im still waiting for my disco ball shell pic......
By the way,Id be willing to pay good money for a burster tube and propper fuze if anyone can help me out. Or trade for such,,,

Last edited:
One white, one red, one yellow indicates 80% chloropictin,20% stannic chloride.William Moore, Gas Attack,1987

Good find Lou.
What fuze would go in it? A photo/diagram would help.
Ta.
Dave.

75mm Gun filler color codes for colored bands:

Attachments

• gas color codes 1.jpg
    gas color codes 1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 26
  • gas color codes 2.jpg
    gas color codes 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 21
  • gas color codes 3.jpg
    gas color codes 3.jpg