What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 90mm T33 AP-T shot (?)

Rafail

Premium Member
From the looks of it i think i have here photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

SHOT, FIXED, A.P.-T., 90mm, T33.
DESCRIPTION. The 90mm Armor Piercing Shot T33 is issued as a fixed complete round for the Gun, 90mm, M3 mounted in Heavy Tank, T26E3 and Gun Motor Carriages, M36 and M36B1. The shot is a modification of the standard AP, M77 which has been reheat-treated and to which a ballistic windshield has been attached.

it has 4 small places on the top where the windshield was attached.
Only signs on the body is a stamped M on the bottom and an N on the side.

Any thoughts or comments please?

the more i search i am more certain i have a T33 tank APT shot... but is it possible to date it with only 2 letters stamped on it ?
also does anyone has a photo of a complete one ?

As requested attached are a couple of photos of the 90mm T33 projectile in my collection, fitted to the standard M19 cartridge case. Stamping in the driving band reads: KVS-3-14-56, 90mm -AP-T, T33 E7.

For interest are pictures of the paint markings on the case, in Russian which indicate that the case was in use until at least 1977. The case is an original US example made in 1945 , the paint on the base indicates that it was first loaded with an APC-T M82. Glad to have your comments

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 31
The markings are Yugoslav (not Russian) where plenty of US ammunition was used.

It was originally an M77 AP - not a T33E7. If it has indications it had a windscreen attached it must be an early version probably just a T33 (no E number). THe M77 had a larger bourolet and it was lower and the M77 also had a smaller tracer element as does yours. In my Pic is T33E7 on left and M77 on right.

Last edited: