What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US airforce aircraft id chart

paul the grenade

I Hope no one on the forum is in the US Air Force. LOL:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• aircraft id chart.jpg
    aircraft id chart.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 70
Actually, I'm kind of confused by the chart. The government is notorious for claiming that all of the alien UFOs were weather baloons, but I'm unaware of repeated misidentifications of aircraft as such.

That only appears to be an Identification Chart. If you look closely, you'll see that it's actually a weather balloon.

Except for the "Swamp Gas" second from the left, middle row. At least the Air Force can categorize them. My Jarhead brothers and I would simply say, "Ugh, Big Flyee Thing".:bigsmile: Cheers, Bruce.

Well, in some ways, we of the USAF speak in different terms than our sister services. For example, I've always wondered how riflemen, designated marksmen, etc. would react to our "Aim High" tagline.....
Taber

Taber, Darn, we must not be doing too well if you didn't find any holes in the airframe:tinysmile_twink_t2:. Cheers, Bruce.