What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Bombfuse " Air propeller "

Let me think,
if the blades are bent otherwise will say that the vane shall not unscrew and deliver the firing mecanism but well screw the arming rod in the fuze. Why ? That do me looking on UK Pist No 37 for squash the chemical glass.
I have not my Doc at home (where I am now!), look perhaps in this direction.
Other possibility, the thread of the arming rod is counterclockwise (we say lefthand). And I have also the same idea, the first amelioration of Pist No 37 when the pistol was unscrewed of his pocket fuze with a normal vane.

Yoda, the thread of the arming rod indeed is counterclockwise !

M100 series Tail fuzes

I will have to go find the one M100 series tail fuze I have, but it seems to me that the vane assembly could be removed, and perhaps inavertently reassembled backwards? As stated, lots can happen over time....
Also, would a tail fuze vanes cant opposite a nose fuze? I have to dig out some boxes and check that---long time since my "hands on" days!