What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Experimental .60 Caliber MG Rounds

pzjgr

As I said in another post, last weekend I lucked into 4 new .60 cal US experimental machine gun rounds. I had one previously, they seem pretty tough to find. I sold one off to a buddy, so this is the 4 I currently own.

All the headstamps are WWII, one FA, the rest SL....two different bullet types, three are the lathe turned looking steel projectiles with copper base cup, one is a standard gilding metal bullet. Two of the steel bullets are removable. On one the cup is smooth, the other has a crimp in the cup...I am not sure if that is becuase the smooth one was never crimped into the case, or what...

Still some neat rounds, I was happy to come across them. I will probably be dumping one of the steel projectile rounds at some point...just have to decide which....

Attachments

• DSC01799.jpg
    DSC01799.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01800.JPG
    DSC01800.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 56
jonnyc....no, these actually came from a small military show in Clarence (near Buffalo) NY....