What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Mk2 grenades

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Heres a couple of american WW2 relic MK2 grenades i restored and cut

Attachments

• P1060978.jpg
    P1060978.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 63
  • P1070233.jpg
    P1070233.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
  • P1070234.jpg
    P1070234.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 111
Hi Spotter,
Nice cut and restoration job, they look really good.
Best Weasel.

Cheers Weasel,,im keeping one the other is going to my chargehand at work as thanks for all the help hes been giving me while im off

Turned out well Allan, another great job and addition to your collection. Thanks for showing.

The word "relic" was an understatement! Really nice job Allan. I have a question though, doesn't the detonator crimp around the outside of the fuze body on the Mk II? I haven't ever seen one inserted inside the time fuse section.

theyre just bits of wooden dowel Hazord until i get something more suitable to represent the dets
Do you have a photo or drawing of how these should look if they dont go inside,,ive attached the the images i found on line and used for reference when doing these ones

Attachments

• cut mk2 drawing.jpg
    cut mk2 drawing.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 41
  • post-342-1215751098.jpg
    post-342-1215751098.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 35
  • s7305501.jpg
    s7305501.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Allan, your third photo is what I'm used to seeing. The fuze body is reduced in diameter where the detonator crimps on, and the det is crinped around that part of the fuze body with a double crimp. If you don't have crimpers, you can fudge it by wrapping some copper wire around the area were you want the crimp, and then squeeze the wire with a vise or pliers, working around the circle, so the wire pushes the det material into the grooves of the body.

Allan, your third photo is what I'm used to seeing. The fuze body is reduced in diameter where the detonator crimps on, and the det is crinped around that part of the fuze body with a double crimp. If you don't have crimpers, you can fudge it by wrapping some copper wire around the area were you want the crimp, and then squeeze the wire with a vise or pliers, working around the circle, so the wire pushes the det material into the grooves of the body.

Thanks for the extra info and tip Hazord

I have live exemplars of the M10 series, M6A4C and the M204 that I use for training. I'll see what I can do about photographing them and putting them up here for you for comparison.

John, take a look at one I'm posting on the Archive thread.