What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA military E8 disposable launcher (16 tube, 35mm, CS launcher)

tusig1156

Anyone have any information about the E8 disposable launcher?(16 tube launcher that fired 35mm CS rounds that could be worn around like a backpack) I found very little about it from google and I might have a chance to purchase an empty one. I'd like to have more information about it before I try to buy it, especially if anyone knows a general idea as to rarity and/or value. I have no idea how rare something like this is or what it might be worth. Rockets/missiles/anti-tank weapons are more my area or expertise. Thanks for any help you can provide

I've got the pub around somewhere, I won't be able to look for it until tonight sometime. They are an unusual piece, but I've only seen a few of them around and I got mine years ago. They are big and bulky and as a non-lethal 60's piece do not seem to hold a lot of interest. I believe that they were intended more for National Guard home use than anything else.

If we are talking about the back pack stye launching unit then I have seen one in Vietnam too.

Here is a picture of mine, with one of the candles in front.

CS Launcher 16 tube E8  2.jpg