What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

useful tool

kahu1

Premium Member
A centre pin wrench,ideal for removing screw in primers for cleaning.
This one has removable,various sized pins and lock adjustment.

cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 71
I need one of these.

Where can I get one from.

I will be I NZ from 15th December till 2nd January.

Or maybe it is available here in Australia.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Hi Bougainville,

You should be able to get something like this at an engineering supplies shop, or I believe similar smaller ones at bike shops!

cheers ,
Bob

Hi Bougainville,

You should be able to get something like this at an engineering supplies shop, or I believe similar smaller ones at bike shops!

cheers ,
Bob

I'm just out of luck as I have checked everywhere here and nobody knows anything about such a tool. I checked engineering shops, bike shops, you name it and no luck. My last resort will be a watch makers, they might have some useful tools.

I'm flying out to NZ on Wednesday for a few weeks so what is the name of the store you brought it from. Does this store have branches through out NZ? If so I will see if I can track one down while in Blenheim.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

King Dick Pin Wrench

Hi all,

I eventually found a facom pin wrench on Feebay. It is a very handy but has limitations in that it can't handle anything below 2.5mm and if the holes are too close it can't be used either.

Then what should happen last weekend while going around garage sales was that besides picking up a US mine detector for $5 and a US 1943 machete for $2, I also found a box of watch repair tools for $5 and there in amongst everything was this King Dick wrench modified as an adjustable 2 or 3 pin wrench. I wasted no time in trying it out and it was magic. It can handle smaller items than the Facom wrench and complements each other. The pins in the King Dick are tungsten rods at a guess.

Anyway as long as you have a King Dick Wrench and are handy in the workshop it would be easy to make your own Pin Wrench.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Attachments

• IMGP2612.jpg
    IMGP2612.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the info on the King Dick wrench,I had a `63 Landrover years ago and still have the tool set from it, I will have to make up a pin wrench now.