What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V2 at beltring 2007

Panzerknacker

A great picture from the american display, a captured V2 rocket, i know it was a while ago but its a real nice display for those that have not seen it ! this thing is huge ! its only a copy but you wouldnt mind that in the back garden :xd:

Attachments

• DSCI0040.jpg
    DSCI0040.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCI0109.jpg
    DSCI0109.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 88
Film Props ?

Not sure whether or not it was this same mock up Rocket (V2) that used to reside alongside the M4 Motorway at Bray near the Windsor/Slough turn off ?
The big barn at this location had all sorts of Military vehicles and the V2 was left outside at the rear and was easily visible as you travelled down the motorway towards Reading.

I was on the adjoining display pitch in 2007, the mockup was an impressive sight, as was their Atlantic Wall bunker and French farmhouse in preceeding years and the French cafe last year.

The only fly in the ointment was when it was discovered that the first crane used wasn't quite tall enough to put the nose on. ;)

Cue various imaginitive attempts to work around the problem, before a bigger crane was brought in the next day.

TTFN,
PB

Beltring displays

Here is one of the building mock ups from the 2006 display-under attack !

Attachments

• Beltring 06.JPG
    Beltring 06.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 34
Not sure whether or not it was this same mock up Rocket (V2) that used to reside alongside the M4 Motorway at Bray near the Windsor/Slough turn off ?
The big barn at this location had all sorts of Military vehicles and the V2 was left outside at the rear and was easily visible as you travelled down the motorway towards Reading.

Chris,
The mock up you are talking about at Bray was made for a fim being made at the studios there. I used to work for the company that made it and it was quite a sight stood outside the factory.
Richard

More film props

Chris,
The mock up you are talking about at Bray was made for a fim being made at the studios there. I used to work for the company that made it and it was quite a sight stood outside the factory.
Richard
So Richard what other things did your company make as film props then ?