What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V41 Practice

MissingSomething

Have a chance to buy this.... something in my gut says..... dont...

Besides the pin being wrong.... any other comments.... (sorry, this is the only picture I got....)

v40practice.jpg

Locating an original safety pin / ring assembly would probably be difficult. The absence of the original assembly and also the overall paint condition would be a deal breaker for me (Depending on price). At least it appears to still have the detonator well plastic plug still in place on the lever. Frank

So... my next red flag....

I sent him a second email to see if I can get a couple of pictures.....

On 2012-12-06, at 10:19 PM, Missing Something <channelsurfer911 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to be a pain. Can you take the fuze off and send me a pick of the fuze and inside the hole in the body?

Thanks,
Craig

He replied:

Sorry....too many requests. Maybe you can find a V40 locally to look at.

The fuze also does not seem to be sitting correct on that body.
Key ring & cotter pin for the pull ring.
Seller not very cooperative.
Pass.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy it looks a little dicey to me kind of a grainy casting
I pulled a couple of pics from Muntie.nl (can't remember member who runs the site)
about the only thing that looks like it is the experimental body

b60c19632dcefc1fa0fe03c9641ababc.jpg58cfebe773eede668950cc884d328aa7.jpgc38bdb2d80ed24054fa5fe0c71985b10.jpg

It does look a bit rough, but some keep in mind that some of the practice were from HE bodies, some from special made practice bodies. Likewise some were a smooth paint, some had a phosphate type finish. Here is one of my rougher ones vs a smooth body.

V41 Practice.jpg V40.jpg

I am sorry but these are from my website the grenades bodies you see are coming straight from the testing stadium and they are original .

Ben

Ben
I was just using the pictures as a comparison only against the one MissingSomething was inquiring about.

No problem everybody can use my pictures if they want no problem with that regards Ben

Hey Y'all
Since we're talkin V-41's, whadda y'all think about mine, wasn't sure when I got it, but I think it's the real deal , but s**t it was high ($200).
Anywho, all comments welcome!!
timmymac
College Station Tx.
"GIG 'EM"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 30
Hey Y'all
Since we're talkin V-41's, whadda y'all think about mine, wasn't sure when I got it, but I think it's the real deal , but s**t it was high ($200).
Anywho, all comments welcome!!
timmymac
College Station Tx.
"GIG 'EM"
Looks like the same as one of my examples which i know is the real deal as i removed it from a full bandoleer of 5,,,,,, Dave

HPIM8217.jpgHPIM8218.jpg