What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Value Of M26 frag body

Dirt Detective

Hey Guys, Have been offered several of these bodys from someone who said they worked in the factory years ago. Does anyone have a value of this M26 frag body? Any ideas.. Thanks for any help. Mike

Attachments

• m26a.jpg
    m26a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 99
  • m26b.jpg
    m26b.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 112
Mike,

Here, they can be harder to find than chickens with lips. Meaning that they are not only hard to find here, if you indeed found one, I would guess you'd pay a small fortune for one.

I myself have been looking for one for 30 years and have not found one until, with the help with a great friend here I finally got one.

But, by the way, that is definately a nice original M26 you have there.

Also, do they come with the fuzes?

I know where theres a cutaway for sale for $75. But then again Ive seen a grenade of this type sell for $200. Some where inbetween is my guess?

They do look nice.Bet you'll have a few PM's.

The owner of these says he wants $400 ea. with no fuzes. He says he has 8 or 9 left. seems kinda high for me but Im a WWII frag guy..I could be wrong.

Well I dont know. I guess two or three guys going at it in an auction maybe. And they are factory fresh it seems. Too rich for my blood though. Too bad he didnt need something in trade?

The owner of these says he wants $400 ea. with no fuzes. He says he has 8 or 9 left. seems kinda high for me but Im a WWII frag guy..I could be wrong.

Hello Mike,

$400.00 seems high for just unmarked bodies (Just my.02). Correct Original M26'A1s bring the good money if they have the original fuze assemblies and nomenclature markings.

The proper M204A1 Fuze Assemblies (Notable Differences from M204A2 / M26A1 Series Fuzes) will be a bit difficult to locate to make these bodies close to correct. You may end up investing time and money to end up with a complete grenade, that may (or may not) sell for a profit at auction?

Stay safe,

Frank

I agree with all of you here. By the way from the look inside the grenade it would be an original M-26 and like Paul stated, if it had all of those features then I'd say here in the US, maybe around $200-500 depending on condition.

I've never seen one for sale, so your guess is as good as mine.:tinysmile_tongue_t: I guess it's all a matter of what your willing to pay for one.

m26 frag body

Just my 2 cents
Rare in deed
If it was complete with base cap, correct fuse, and markings $400- 600 would be about right.
Though I saw a complete cherry one go for $800.00 in a bidding war about 6-7 years ago
A blank body with no fuze, base cap or markings max I'd give would be $150-175
But thats just me.
If this guy has 7-8 of them which he no doubt got free from the line he'd still be making a over grand if he sold them all.
I have a complete mint one in the collection but even so I'd buy one
If the price was right
ordman

M26 Body Seller Info?

Does anyone know who the seller of these M26 bodies is or have his contact info? Dirt Detective no longer has the info and I really wanted one of these M26 bodies! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Justin

Ok fess up! Lol
where did you see a cutaway for $75.00 ?
I'd be interested in that
pm me
thanks

Ok fess up! Lol
where did you see a cutaway for $75.00 ?
I'd be interested in that
pm me
thanks

Yeah me too! I cant believe the difficulty in finding an M26, 57 or 61! Somebody please help me find one! I have a nice budget for it, just can't find one Grrrrr....Same thing for an M67 :/

Yeah me too! I cant believe the difficulty in finding an M26, 57 or 61! Somebody please help me find one! I have a nice budget for it, just can't find one Grrrrr....Same thing for an M67 :/

Indeed the M26 is hard to find.
When you can find some, i'd love to hear :)

An M67 is already in my collection (transport canister is not from the same lot/date)

Attachments

• 100_2680.JPG
    100_2680.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 43