What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very difficult job !

During WWII in Leningrad 82-mm mortar mine was in hand of one man. Yes, sources talks about 82-mm, but very difficult to belive in it. I`m thinking about 50-mm. Will twy to fined photo.
And in Afghanistan few times VOG-17 shooted people and surgeons saved lifes.

I read some years ago about a vietnames farmer walking into an American aid post with a 40mm grenade lodged in his back,I believe he was walled in with sandbags during the operation to remove the grenade,the medics did a great job and he survived,
Don,

There used to be an x-ray traveling around showing a U.S. WWII HEAT rifle grenade that was stuck inside a soldier.

There was a picture somewhere here on the BOCN of a soldier with a V40 grenade lodge in his forehead (x-ray picture). I think someone said it got thrown out by a blast and hit soldier. No idea if he survived :(