What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very muddy war and peace show warning !!

bazooka chris

Hi Everybody

Thought i had better do this post to warn people who are going to the 2012 war and peace show, that its very very muddy up there at the moment.
Vehicles are getting stuck all over the place and some areas of the show are totally undrivable at the moment the sun is out but can't see it drying it very much to make a diffrence.

The pics below are from variouse people i know already at the show, either via face book or picture messages sent to my mobile phone, and by variouse phone calls telling me how bad it is, one of which even slept in his van overnight and came home the next morning.
i will be going up there before the show actually officially opens on wensday as have passes to get in so can also see for my self and post an update on here of how the ground conditions are.

I have even after taking advice decided not to camp up there myself, and stay in a hotels over night as camping with my little 3 year old jessica in this weather just isnt practical.

So please please take this advice and take wellys and wet weather gear with you and not just normal foot wear as you will definatly need it, so even if this helps out only one of you, this post was worth it as i am just trying to help out my fellow bocn members.

See you all up there and happy hunting and if you see me and my gf and my little bazooka jessica come and say hi.

from Bazooka Chris

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 110
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 103
  • photo (3.3.jpg
    photo (3.3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 107
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for that Chris, Eeeew ! I did wonder what it was like after so much rain ! will have to monitor the situation during the week as to whether I even bother going when it is like that, not to mention the best part of 20 to get in, the cost of diesel and the fact I nearly always come home empty handed. Will be a shame though as have been going almost from the first one, and always see fellow collectors to chat with. Will be watching this post as the week progresses. Thanks again, Tony.

Thanks for warning everyone Chris
Latest pictures from Beltring

Attachments

• houses on stilts.jpg
    houses on stilts.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 292
your welcome Tony/Allan

loved the picture Ben will love it hehe

i will try and keep this post updated during the week to keep you all informed of whats going on.
my gut feeling is once the show actually opens on wensday and the public start walking around, its going to make it worse as looking at the weather forcast earlier its given out sunny spells today but showery/heavy rain the rest of the week.

from bazooka chris

Last edited:
Thanks for warning everyone Chris
Latest pictures from Beltring

attachment.php

30814310.gif

I can confirm that it is now doing a passable impression of Passchendaele circa 1917 . Organisers are advising any owners of small children to attach a flashing light to their heads in case of any mud incidents..................

I can confirm that it is now doing a passable impression of Passchendaele circa 1917 . Organisers are advising any owners of small children to attach a flashing light to their heads in case of any mud incidents..................

Hi Mike

I have decided not to fit Jessica with the flash light, but kit her out with a life jacket instead hehe.

from bazooka chris

Good thinking , Chris . If only every parent was as diligent as you the country would be a better place . Mike.

Hi Guys

Here are a few more pictures of what its like up there at the moment.
I have blanked out the faces as i wasnt sure if they wanted there faces putting on bocn, so best to be on the safe side until i get to ask them when i am up there, as i can edit the posting at a later date.

from Bazooka Chris

Attachments

• photo 9.2.jpg
    photo 9.2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 130
  • photo 8.2.jpg
    photo 8.2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 144
  • photo 7.2.jpg
    photo 7.2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 139
perhaps you could try and get your Winter Fuel Allowance early this year Mike and spend it on duck boards. Get it? 'duck boards', water. Oh I don't know why I bother really.

but having just spoken to a trader - it took him 4 hours to get from the gate to his pitch and he has a puddle 3 inches deep and 10 feet across where the public are due to stand to look at his wares. But anyone selling wellies or duck boards will make a killing.

EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR actuary Fjord house is not open as his tent has not arrived yet,so if you remove the houses its more like his pitch.
Just got back and the stall holders swamp is getting a little better, drying out with a slight crust on the top of the mud tracks, most vans are towed onto the pitches thus churning up the ground even more, organizers are putting stall holders who's pitches are flooded on other peoples pitches which are not so bad so what happens when the original stall holders turn up could be fun, take wellies just in case of more rain,,,,,,,,,, Dave

I assume "wellies" are rubber boots?
But for you guys car trunks are boots...
In any case I'm sure you guys will all manage to have a good time. Have fun!

Your correct Jolly, wellies are the rubber boots and pants are men's under wear over here, trunks are also men's swimming wear, how amusing. <<<<<< Dave

QUOTE=millsbomber;211965]Your correct Jolly, wellies are the rubber boots and pants are men's under wear over here, trunks are also men's swimming wear, how amusing. <<<<<< Dave[/QUOTE]

Christ .. I'm glad you didn't say he's going to pick up some Fags

regards Nick

whats happened to the the reporters on the ground, iv been working about 20 miles away and its been a s%&* day but not to much rain,,,,, Dave

Here is what its like in front of our pitch.

Attachments

• War and Peace 2012 d1 Mon (3a).jpg
    War and Peace 2012 d1 Mon (3a).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 97