What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vzd-3

MichaelC

Can any one assist with info regarding the Russian VZD-3 dealy igniter, in particular delay times ????

Michael

Fuze VZD-3M is generally used by MPM and SPM magnetic mines, but can also be used for ignition of exposives.

Fuse VZD-3M consists of housing with the cover, percussion device with the delay system and MD-2 or MD-5M detonator.
Housing has at one end an internal thread for screwing detonator, and at the other end an outer thread for screwing cap, an internal percussion mounting mechanism. Outside the housing have two groove. When used with MPM in the upper groove is installed rubber ring, and in the lower one rests the spring latch of the mine.

The firing mechanism consists of a firing pin with the cutter fastened to the end of the rod, mainspring, sleeve , checks, lead strip and cap 2. Safety/Arming pin, passing through the holes in the body and firing pin rod, keeps the firing pin in the cocked position. Cap Hold lead strip in the slot hub.
Fuse is not airtight, but is protected from the rain.

Each fuze is equipped with four lead strip (No. 1, 3, 5 and 6) of different thicknesses with different time delay, with different coloring of one of the ends.
Lead Strip number 6 is installed in the fuse in the factory. The remaining three lead strip rest in a paper bag inserted into the body of each fuse from the thread under the fuse.

After pulling out checks cutter under the action of the mainspring cuts lead strip. After cutting lead strip firing pin released and struck the percussion detonator, causing an explosion. Delay is from 15 minutes to 360 hours.

Regards
Stecol

Attachments

• VZD-3M_03.jpg
    VZD-3M_03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 77
  • VZD-3M_05.jpg
    VZD-3M_05.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 73
You know I have never seen one of these available ... does anyone know where you can get one? or are they hard to find?

Just a question.

Joe

Hi BMG,
I have a VZD-6Ch in spare in the US.
Let me know!
Mrfuze, USA