What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WANTED! a good Anti Virus Programme

paul the grenade

Hi All.
My AVG anti virus is due to expire and i was wondering if anyone can recomend something better and cheaper.
Cheers, Paul.

Stopzilla. its only a few squids per annum,but what a good 'un!

Recommended by Bolo in the past as well :)

best

waff

I was using Norton 360,I had so much trouble with it I had to take it out,went to Telus anti-virus and now works perfectly.

I have tried hundreds of anti virus software and they all have their faults. The best one I have ever used, and still use, is AVG free edition. I then just have a very cheap spy ware package running, but these cost much less than anti virus software.

Norton? What can I say. What a load of bollocks. Slows down even the fastest computers, takes control of everything so you can't altar stuff, believes absolutely everything is a threat and kills innocents on a regular basis, then lets through well known trojan viruses. Don't bother

I would go back to AVG bud, a tried and tested system that seems to work well.

Andy

I pretty much agree with pointblank, the big names seem to think the sole purpose of your PC is to scan for viruses, and they install massive packages.
I'd go with Stopzilla as Waffy says, and accept that not every AV application will clear every virus, so you might need to download another...eg AVG, or even a specific executable for a specific virus/malware.

Personally, I tend to run light, as I believe (possibly stupidly!!) I have a good idea about where virus/malware comes from, so I run AV all the time and malware app off, and scan manually
Also, don't run two AV or malware apps at the same time as your PC will probably expire.

just my 2c